Government Communication Director (UAE Nationals)
Job Title: Government Communication Director (UAE Nationals)
Job Location: Dubai, UAE
Define, implement and manage the Government Communication strategy and plan effective public relations and marketing campaigns in the short, medium, and long terms.
Duties & Responsibilities
A) Strategic Roles
- Define, implement and update the Government Communication strategy.
- Lead the stakeholder segmentation exercise and make sure that the Government Communication strategy addresses the needs of various customer segments.
- Define and manage the Government Communication department budget, and coordinate closely with the Finance Director in order to ensure proper budget development.
- Manage the activities of the Government Communication department in accordance with overall business and operational tolerances set in the Policy.
B) Operational Roles
- Oversee all internal and external communication activities.
- Manage and lead the communication and relationship with representatives from other government agencies
- Provide active support to designated Spokesperson, in terms of crisis-response strategies, PR material and press releases
- Lead media interactions, advertising and public relations.
- Oversee advertising and marketing campaigns ensuring on time and on-budget delivery.
- Oversee the management of website design and content.
- Oversee the education of stakeholders about services through the development of collateral / content, tools, educational materials, etc.
- Oversee and provide input to the selection of vendors (graphic designers, agencies, distributors, printers etc.) involved in carrying out marketing and communication activities for.
- Lead the negotiation and finalisation of contracts with marketing and public relations agencies.
- Monitor and report the effectiveness of marketing and communication activities.
- Manage the development of annual report.
C) People Related Roles
- Direct the hiring, training and evaluation of Government Communication department employees’, and oversee their daily activities.
- Liaise with HR to provide the Government Communication team with required competency-based training.
- Manage resources and maintain appropriate staffing levels across the department.
Educational Qualifications and Certifications
- Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree
- Preferred: Master’s Degree in relevant field
- Minimum: 10 years’ of relevant experience
- Preferred: 1) 12+ years’ of relevant experience
2) 5+ years’ experience in in a senior management role
3) Demonstrated skill in marketing, branding and events
Languages: Excellent communication skills in Arabic and English
NOTE: THIS ROLE IS OPEN TO UAE NATIONALS ONLY
NOTE: THIS ROLE IS OPEN TO NATIVE ARABIC SPEAKERS ONLY
If interested, mail your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Government Communication Director”
If you do not hear from us within 7 days, then, unfortunately, your application has not been successful on this occasion.
***ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED**